Temporary Medical Receptionist (12-16 weeks)
Our Appleton client is looking for a Temporary Medical Receptionist for 12-16 weeks. Our client has 160 employees and a fun, friendly culture! This position offers a business casual, fast paced environment so apply today for this immediate need. They have 3 refrigerators, 3 microwaves, ice/water machine/vending machines for employees to use.
Medical Receptionist Position Summary: Answers clinic switchboard and transfers calls to the appropriate person or will take message. Backup for scheduling, confirmation of lab appointments and scanning of patient level documents.
- Courteously and promptly answer switchboard within 3 rings, and connecting incoming calls to proper destination.
- Record accurate message for doctors, nurses and employees in message book and place in appropriate mailboxes.
- Maintain and keep updated telephone numbers for clinic staff and employees and departments as well as other pertinent phone numbers.
- Knowledge of clinic machines necessary to perform job duties, including computer, printer, copier, fax and postage machine.
- Stamp and post outgoing office mail daily.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular scheduled hours.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Other job duties as may be assigned.
- Drug test required before starting first day.
Pay: $14.00- $15.00/hour depending on experience
Hours for Medical Receptionist : Monday - Friday, from 8am to 5pm
Qualifications for Switchboard Operator:
- Previous Switchboard experience a plus but not required
- Continually demonstrates positive communication skills
- Pleasant and effective telephone communication skills
- Competent computer skills
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast pace environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Employee is required to do frequent standing, walking, sitting, stooping, reaching, and filing
- Visual, hearing and talking ability is required.
- Occasionally requires lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, crouching, handling, typing and copying