Appleton, WI 54913
Small Appleton niche CPA firm is seeking a Direct Hire Staff Accountant at $25.00-$35.00 hour. In this rewarding role, you will have strong interaction & ownership with clients and will assist with accounting, payroll and tax prep. If you love to work on all accounting functions, be challenged in your weekly responsibilities, and enjoy connecting with clients, this is the role for you! Good news.. this position has far less overtime hours during tax season compared to most CPA firms . During non-tax season, you will have Friday's off with a 3-day weekend!
Responsibilities for Staff Accountant:
- Accounts payable and receivable / data entry and reconciling
- Prepare financial statements
- Accounting principles for Schedule C - Partnership, S Corp and C Corp accounting
- Full Payroll (ability to process payroll deposits, handle payroll tax reporting, and complete 1099 processing.)
- Communicate with clients via phone (fix issues in QuickBooks, answer questions, and assist with sales tax)
- Backup - answer phones and assist with walk in clients as needed
Qualifications for Staff Accountant:
- QuickBooks and Public accounting experience required
- Strong understanding of financial statements and full accounting responsibilities
- Good communication skills and desire to interact with clients
- Basic knowledge of income tax is really essential
- Interest in learning more about tax
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn each year.
Staff Accountant's Hours: M-F, 8-4:30pm during tax season (possibly more depending on work load). Saturdays 8am-12:00pm required during Feb-April each year. During non-tax season, you will have Friday's off to enjoy a 3 day weekend!
Pay: $25.00-35.00/hour. No health insurance is offered at this time; however, they are open to reviewing options for 2019. SIMPLE Plan with 3% match and vacation are provided. Additional time off unpaid is also offered!
Please take a moment to review our video on Misconceptions in the Staffing Industry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxre433fgoQ