Green Bay, WI 54307
Our client in the Green Bay area has around 100 employees and is seeking a Direct Hire Sales Manager for their third generation business. If you love a challenge, are excited about growing a sales team and want to be compensated for excelling, this role is for you!
Sales Manager Job Description
This candidate will be responsible for planning, implementing and directing the sales activities of the company in a designated area to achieve sales objectives. The territory will cover around 70% of the state of WI and all of the UP.
- Develop a sales strategy to achieve organizational sales goals and revenues
- Manage sales team of 11 outside reps and 3 inside support reps to deliver profitable growth. Train new salespeople.
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales goals.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Ensure sales team have the necessary resources to perform properly
- Provide feedback, support and coaching to the sales team. Plan and direct sales team training and meetings
- Assist with the development of sales presentations and proposals
- Track sales metrics and report data to President on a regular basis
- Prepare yearly budget. Control expenses and monitor budgets
- Maintain inventory control
- Collaborate with Marketing to conduct market research, competitor/customer analysis, develop promotional ideas and material
- Attend trade meetings and industry conventions
- Ensure correct usage of CRM and other sales applications
Qualifications for Sales Manager
- Sales Management experience in Business to Business sales. (Preference to those with experience in Agriculture, automotive, or industrial/manufacturing.)
- Experience in all aspects of planning and implementing sales strategy
- Proven experience in customer relationship management
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Experience with relevant software applications
- Business degree or related professional qualification preferred
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close – sense of urgency.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Organization and Planning. Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Hardworking, persistent and dependable. Positive, enthusiastic, competitive
- Honesty and integrity as well as stress tolerance
Hours: First Shift, Salaried
Sales Manager Salary: $80,000 – $90,000 with potential to earn year-end bonuses. (This company also offers a car allowance where they pay the IRS mileage rates up to a maximum of $830/month.)
Benefits: Health Insurance (HSA), Dental, Vision, Life, Short term Disability, Vacation, and PTO. They also offer a 401k after one year- they can participate after the 30-day grace period however, have to be employed for a full calendar year to receive the company match.