Sales Account Executive
De Pere, WI 54115 | Direct Hire
The purpose of the Sales Account Executive position in De Pere is to meet and exceed sales objectives in the assigned territory by promoting and selling outdoor advertising to qualified advertisers. An AE is expected to use professional sales techniques, build relationships, and develop long term advertising relationships that grow advertising sales. All sales reps sell the entire market of Green Bay, Appleton, Oshkosh, Fond du Lac, Manitowoc, Marinette, Door County and surrounding areas. (They have a master client and prospect list available for all to view and are active in Salesforce.) This is a progressive company offering a great product! The plant has approximately 24 employees in the office, shop, and installation crew area. The sales team has 8 total reps.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Meet and exceed sales targets, make at least 1O outbound sales calls per day of which 2 calls are new business.
- Target every business within their assigned territory/account list, visit each established client and competitor's client at least once per month, Identify potential growth areas and open new accounts , Increase market share- Sell all products (where applicable)
- Become proficient in the use of computer tools to locate Co-op prospects, follow-up on Hot Leads, prepare proposals, and research
- Prepare written presentations, reports and proposals, become an active team member, become an active member of the advertising community
- Develop presentation skills utilizing computer tools and present to clients on a regular basis.
- Maintain accounts receivable
- Keep abreast of competition - particularly newspaper, radio, TV, cable and yellow pages
- Actively participate in sale meetings, regional meeting, seminars and trade shows
- Plan each day, week and month before the month starts, plan each call. Maintain a professional sales appearance
- Use sales tools, Complete daily planner/sales program after each call and at the end of the day
- Maintain organized up to date records of clients and sales activity
- Minimize travel time, Maximize time in the field with clients
- Use the Sales Support Center and the Multi Market Coordinators to sell multi markets, cluster your accounts to work them geographically and manage your time effectively
- Maintain client profiles, be prepared to submit daily planners/call reports, sales plans, forecasts and expense reports on a timely basis
- Follow-up on all client production orders and insure campaigns begin and end as the client requested .
- Analyze and monitor personal sales data and reports
- Operate within your expense budget
Hours: First shift
Salary/Compensation Plan (This includes a car allowance of $400, a cell phone reimbursement package, full benefits package to include 401k, employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental)
- First 6 month’s pay is $50,000, Commissions are at 0%.
- 6 To 12 month pay is $40,000, Commissions are at 2%.
- 12 to 18 month pay is $30,000, Commissions are at 4%.
- 18 months on pay is at $24,000, Commission are at 5%.
- All sales commissions are paid on collections.
- Ability to make oral presentations to provide information or explain policies and procedures.
- Ability to cold call businesses.
- Preference to those with 2 years of outside sales experience. This company may be open to training less experienced candidates who are aggressive yet professional and goal driven.
- Skill in speaking with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds
- Working knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Skill in writing grammatically correct routine business correspondence.
- Ability to perform effectively under fluctuating workloads.
- Skill in selling or promoting advertisements. Skill in establishing rapport and gaining the trust of others.
- Ability to meet a sales quota.
- Working knowledge of general sales techniques.
- Ability to be intrinsically motivated to succeed and withstand rejection.
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Current and Valid Driver's License
- College Degree preferred, but not required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is a combination of an office environment and work in the field making sales calls and servicing existing accounts.
- The physical demands for this position include light lifting, seeing (with a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the time, standing, talking, turning, and walking.
- Nights sent away from home traveling are less than 10%