Recruiting and HR Assistant (Internal role)
Appleton, WI 54914
Career Options is a smaller, tailored staffing firm with 30+ years of success matching the right candidates to our clients in the community! (More than 90% of our positions are Direct Hire and Temp/Hire.)
In this Recruiting and Human Resources Assistant role, you will have the opportunity for the following:
- Reach personal success in finding the right position for candidates.
- Support recruitment efforts by posting job openings and sourcing internal and external candidates to match current positions.
- Interview, coach and submit candidates to positions of interest. Follow-up with customers to determine if and when interviews will be scheduled.
- Become a strategic partner with companies and ask engaging questions to understand the scope of each role.
- Screen and review new resumes and applications
- Manage all pre-employment activities including job offer, background/physical/ drug tests, new hire paperwork, etc. Maintain employee records.
- Follow up on new hires. Discuss positive feedback/concerns and offer feedback or suggestions.
- Send tests/tutorials to Career Options applicants and encourage continuous learning.
- Contact current and prospective clients to set up appointments with president. Network in the community to build continuous positive brand.
- Maintain and stay abreast on HR laws and practices. Make recommendations regarding recruiting, onboarding, etc.
- Additional administrative duties as needed
- Back up receptionist during vacations (This is a requirement for the role where you would answer phones, greet candidates and guests, and assist with projects.)
Hours: 30-40 hours per week, M-F.
Pay for Recruiting and HR Assistant: $17.50 - $18.00/hour + bonus structure after 2-3 months.
Vacation/PTO, holidays, and life insurance. You get a day off during your birthday week as well, plus tuition/education assistance is offered. Health insurance can be offered January 2020 if candidate is working FT hours.
Experience & Skills Required for Recruiting and HR Assistant:
- Professional and friendly personality - striving daily on strong customer service
- A person who is driven to do well, thrives on a fast-paced environment, and loves to accomplish personal goals.
- Associate degree in HR or business-related field and/or related customer service, HR, sales, administrative or business experience.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, problem solving and follow up skills
- Collaborative attitude with team orientated disposition with the ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Professional demeanor/appearance and excellent attendance
- Intermediate skills with Word/Excel
- Positive energy and committed to excellence every day.
- Successful completion of criminal background and drug test.