Part Time Accounts Payable
Appleton, WI 54913
Our client is a successful manufacturing company in Appleton with a solid record of growth and employee longevity! They are seeking a Part Time candidate for Accounts Payable (with possible backup training on Accounts Receivable.) They will consider those seeking Direct Hire and Temp-to-Hire roles. This position involves 15-20 hours per week and they offer very flexible hours. There is a potential to gain more hours in near future if candidate is open to taking on more duties for the Accounting Department (up to 30 hours). This is a business casual and friendly environment and they are located right off the highway!
Duties for Accounts Payable:
Review accounts payable invoices with purchase orders to verify accuracy of transactions
Review, verify, and process expense reports
Enter invoices into the system
Enter petty cash and credit card transactions
Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues. Maintain vendor files
Assist with month end processes related to accounts payable
Back-up for accounts receivable invoicing
Stay current with changing technology
Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures. Work toward continuous quality improvement
Qualifications for Accounts Payable:
- 1 year of general bookkeeping or accounting experience OR they will also consider students or candidates who have taken recent accounting classes but do not have any accounting experience.)If candidate has additional skills, they may be able to utilize them in other accounting functions!
- Basic Word and Excel
- Comfortable with accounting software (they use SAGE and can train.)
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong initiative, eager to learn new responsibilities, and a desire to know the "why" that specific accounting tasks are done.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Hours: 15-20 hours (possibility of up to 30 hours in future if candidate desires) M-F. You can work these hours between 7:30-5pm. You can pick which hours work best for you - however, they do prefer a set schedule each week
Pay for Accounts Payable: $16.00-19.00/hour, depending on level of experience and education.
Please take a moment to review our video on Misconceptions in the Staffing Industry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxre433fgoQ