Operations Manager ($55k - $85k)
Appleton, WI 54914
Experienced Operations Manager is needed for a growing Fox Valley company. This Direct Hire role has been previously split by the owners, but as they continue to grow, there is a need to expand and add this position. If you are a person who enjoys a sense of ownership to lead a team, this is the position for you. This is a fast paced, yet friendly job shop environment with about 25 employees. It promises to be a challenging yet exciting opportunity!
Reporting to the President, this Operations Manager's role involves:
- Working closely with the Quality Manager to assure delivery/quality
- Becoming actively involved - requiring 7-8 hours each day on the floor in a large facility, scheduling and coordinating for 2 shifts and managing workforce production. This is a large part of the role. (This is a hands-on role where you may be needed to assist teams with physical duties if needed. )
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and making daily adjustments to workflow. This involves working with deadlines, urgent needs and changing demands.
- Being responsible for production staffs to review wages, discipline and hiring/firing needs.
- Interact with customers' project managers, fabrication managers, and shipping/deliveries.
- Providing input on capital improvement projects
Utilize key decision-making skills every day to accomplish the tasks at hand
- Evaluating processes and efficiencies to help increase profit.
- Being the liaison between key management and floor personnel by communicating effectively. This requires evaluating processes and efficiencies of employees and having staff show accountability and allow for employee development.
- Enforcing safety compliance with production employees.
Hours: First shift. Estimated times of 5am-3:30pm, possibly 4:30pm, M-F. (While they anticipate this role being mostly M-F, there may be an occasional need to work a Saturday or Sunday.)
Operations Manager Salary: $55,000- $85,000/year . Benefits include Health, 401k (dollar for dollar first 3% matching), vision and dental. Short term disability and life insurance is 100% paid by the company.
Operations Manager Requirements:
- 3 years of Operations Management experience with heavy volume production management in a factory, job shop environment or paint industry environment.
- Must understand critical components of workflow, labor, efficiencies, and resources.
- Industrial painting industry experience is beneficial but not required
- Strong decision making, initiative, and positive leadership style is a must to excel in this role.
- Mechanical aptitude and strong safety awareness is needed
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask during several projects
- Word and Excel skills are needed.
- Must be willing and/or able to obtain schooling & certifications required for the industry (company paid.)