Office Manager and Bookkeeping
Shawano, WI 54166 | Direct Hire
This Shawano company with 25 employees is seeking a Direct Hire Office Manager who enjoys being part of a smaller organization and making a difference!
The Office Manager is the supervisor in finance function providing oversight and checks and balances on operations of the company. During the normal course of work, the Office Manager will maintain relationships with both internal and external constituents including owners, managers, employees, customers, vendors and banking representatives.
The Office Manager has responsibility for customer service, accounts payable, record management, accounts receivable, human resources, banking and financial reporting. In order to execute the duties assigned to this position, the Office Manager has access to extremely sensitive information and is required to maintain the strictest of confidences with regard to this information. (If candidate has payroll experience, these may be included at a later date.)
The Office Manager may serve as a representative of the company in a number of public settings and must project a professional, competent and approachable image to the community.
- Shall provide administrative support to several locations
- Participates in the monthly close of business, billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and other processes as assigned
- Process advertising, circulation, commercial print and credit card payments including posting of customer payments and preparation of bank deposits
- Maintain accurate and secure employee records regarding wages, benefits, vacation and sick time, reimbursements, policies, procedures and practices
- Monitor any employee legal proceedings including, but not limited to, unemployment hearings, employment law charges, worker's compensation, etc.
Shall effectively manage all financial resources and monitor all bank balances
- Provide strict oversight and review of all accounts payable ensuring accuracy and verifying receipt of materials
- Manage the company's accounts receivable portfolio, minimizing exposure to default and improving collection of delinquent accounts
Coordinates employment process, benefits administration and workers compensation
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously, with very strong skills with regard to prioritizing work and maintaining maximum flexibility to flow with frequently shifting priorities
- Shall participate in regular management team meetings
Adherence to deadlines and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Office Manager:
- The successful candidate will be an experienced, proven financial professional with experience in a small business environment (50 employees or less).
- A minimum of three years experience is required.
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and QuickBooks experience.
The successful candidate must be an energetic, outgoing, creative individual with impeccable ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. Additionally, the Office
- Manager must be very well organized, able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and a self motivated individual who is a team player.
- The Office Manager must be articulate and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A minimum associate's degree in business, accounting or finance is required
- Signature of Proprietary Matters Agreement.
Hours: 8am-5pm, M-F.
Pay Rate: $16-20.00/hour
Benefits: Long/short term disability, holidays, and vacation. Please note: They do not offer health insurance at this time.