Mechanical Engineer (Direct Hire)
Appleton, WI 54911
Leading Appleton manufacturer of custom equipment for worldwide applications is seeking a Direct Hire Mechanical Engineer. This is a demanding and high paced work environment. Being a small company “many people wear multiple hats”.
Providing comprehensive product development and manufacturing services to leading companies in the marine, defense, and mining industries. Offering quality machinery and services to such customers as General Dynamics, Lockheed, Northrop Grumman, Fluor, Shell, Chevron, Exxon Mobil, and the U.S. Navy. The key is to transform customer’s cutting-edge ideas into market leading products through product design, design development, testing, assembly, and installation in some of the most demanding environments.
In this role, you will work with knowledgeable employees serving a global environment providing the highest quality equipment for some of the most demanding applications.
Join this team for a stimulating environment that fosters sharing of ideas, use of the latest technology and teamwork. Support of employees is key as they take on new challenges and celebrate their successes.
- Design custom equipment to customer's specifications by analyzing the performance and feasibility of alternative concepts.
- Develop the design by selecting components, developing fabrications, and coordinating with subcontractors.
- Develop mechanical components and system assemblies that satisfy the customer's requirements (drafting System = AutoCAD & Solidworks).
- Directly oversee the equipment assembly and testing demonstration at our crane or winch facility.
- Support the development and assembly of equipment by providing documentation and assistance to ensure high quality products are built in a timely manner.
- Participate in design reviews for customer projects to ensure quality design output.
- Develop project documentation in accordance with customer requirements to ensure project information is properly organized and archived.
- Provide technical support to ensure production start-up issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Produce an acceptable quantity of work in a timely manner.
- Support Field Service requests and be willing to travel to jobsites both domestic and abroad.
All candidates must have legal authorization to permanently live and work in the United States without visa or employer sponsorship.
Possess a minimum of a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Possess strong analytical skills and basic knowledge of mechanical design.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Hand-on ability is a big plus.
- Drug Test and Physical prior to starting.
Hours: Mon-Thurs 7am – 4pm
Fridays 7:30 am – 2pm
Yearly Salary: $49,500 - $52,000
In addition to offering a competitive salary, 100% of health insurance employee premium paid by employer. Employee stock ownership plan and bonus opportunities are available. Tuition reimbursement offered.