Mechanic for Trucks and Aerial Equipment ($1,000 Bonus Potential)
$19.00 - $21.00/hr Appleton, WI 54913
Custom Manufacturing Company located in N Appleton/ Little Chute and is seeking a Direct Hire Mechanic. There is a $1,000 Bonus Opportunity! You will have a potential to earn $1,000 bonus at 90 days if you have strong work ethic and attendance!
This is an expanding and successful company with a good record of growth and employee longevity. (willing to train a candidate who has completed a Tech program in automotive, diesel truck, fork lift, crane or heavy equipment repair). All the work is done on-site at the Appleton locations.
The Mechanic will be responsible for rebuilding, servicing, and repairing and of truck mounted hydraulic equipment including light cranes, aerials, digger derricks, boom loaders, winches, lift gates, reel loaders, etc.
Additional duties include:
- Document all findings and results from inspections & tests
- Differentiate between the color variations for proper electrical assembly of schematics
- Notify supervisor and parts department of needed replacement parts
- Complete mandated ANSI/OSHA inspections and testing
- Work with fabrication tools including drill press, band-saw, ironworker, cutoff saws, grinders, etc.
- Be helpful and display strong people skills with customers, vendors & employees
- 1-2 years of experience in vehicle service repair in any areas of automotive, diesel truck, fork lift, crane or heavy equipment industries. (They will also consider those with Technical schooling in the above areas with less than one year of work experience.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
- Experience in hydraulics and chassis electrical is preferred but not required.
- Basic hand tools are required for this position.
- Strong work ethic, pleasant attitude required.
- Welding and fabrication skills are a plus.
- Physical & drug test required if candidate is hired.
Hours for Mechanic: Day shift position Monday through Friday, Regular employee hours are 6:00 am to 2:30 pm with some scheduled overtime
Mechanic Pay: $19.00 to $21.00 per hour. Full time wages up to $26.00 depending on experience (Good work ethic, attitude and attendance record required) There is a $1,000 Bonus Opportunity! You will have a potential to earn $1,000 bonus at 90 days if you have good attendance and work ethic!
Benefits: 401K with matching, Vacation, PTO, Health & Dental Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, Flex Spending plan. Lucrative profit sharing also offered!