Lead Service Technician
Dale, WI 54931
Currently looking for a Direct Hire Lead Service Technician and Back-up Shop Manager when needed. This company in Dale has 16 employees and is only 15-20 minutes from Appleton.
Lead Service Technician Summary:The Lead Service Technician provides high quality, timely workmanship on propane and refined fuel vehicles. Works with customers to check in truck repair, discuss repair options, produce an estimate, and update customer on progress of the repair.
Responsibilities for Lead Service Technician:
- Performs diagnostic and repair workmanship as outlined on work order in an efficient, timely and highly accurate manner.
- Assists with diagnosis/trouble-shooting of challenging/unusual malfunctions and performs repairs accordingly.
- Inventory Control- Including, but not limited to, maintaining on-hand stock parts, tools, equipment, supplies as needed, creating and submitting Purchase Orders for approval/ordering, anticipating necessary parts for specific jobs/customers, etc.
- Back-up to Shop Manager as needed.
- Distribute work to other shop technicians
- Three (3) years’ experience as a Service Technician or combination of education and work experience to include mechanical knowledge/experience for general hand tools, power tools, welding and torch.
- Knowledge of heavy/medium duty truck repairs.
- Detail, quality and service orientated.
- Ability to work at a fast and efficient speed, keeping safety first with zero callbacks.
- Must have own tools to perform Technician A work. Tools must be maintained and kept in an organized manner.
- Computers Literate
- Strong Oral & Written Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with team members and customers.
- Possess Organizational Skills
- Excellent Customer Service and Problem-Solving Skills
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Successfully complete Physical and Drug Screen prior to starting first day.
Valid driver’s license and a reputable driving record required (CDL with appropriate endorsements)
Must hold training certificate for forklift/bobcat, lift, etc.
Hours: 7:30-3:30pm, M-F. (some overtime is needed for this position)
Pay for Lead Service Technician: $18.00 - $25.00/hr
Health, dental, disability, vacation (2 weeks after one year), holidays, simple IRA.
Other job titles: