Internship - Administrative and Human Resource Assistant
Appleton, WI 54914
Career Options is a professional Appleton staffing firm with a friendly, welcoming staff! We are excited to present an Administrative and Human Resource Assistant Internship. Most of our positions are Direct Hire and Temp-to-Hire and we work diligently to find the right match between our clients and candidates every day. This INTERNAL position is ideal for those who have a strong interest in business, HR, or similar areas. Ideally, we would love for a candidate to start working the beginning of May (even for some PT hours), however if you cannot start until June, that is acceptable as well.
If you are an energetic, friendly and professional person who is eager to learn more about the field of HR, this is the role for you! This involves approximately 30 hours per week until approximately mid-August. (This could also lead into a permanent role for the right candidate!)
Responsibilities of the Administrative and Human Resource Assistant Internship:
- Backing up the receptionist on Wednesdays and occasionally on other days of the week. This is a great opportunity to meet many guests and clients who come in. Candidates must be able to work the full day of 8am-5pm when covering the front desk
- Receive resumes via email and send follow up questions to candidates. Set up interviews with designated candidates and email software tests if needed. Add interviews into Outlook.
- Send out reference checks and enter replies into the system
- Enter new jobs on various internet sites/job boards to continually attract candidates
- Email current candidates in our database to see if they are interested in new openings
- Possibly train to conduct interviews (if candidate is open to gaining more HR experience)
- Other duties as needed
Compensation for Administrative and Human Resource Assistant : $15.00-16.00/hour
Hours: 30 hours per week, M-F, first shift. Please note: Most Wednesdays will require 8am-5pm as well as other days when you cover the front desk. Other than those covered days, we can be flexible for your 30 hours as long as it is the same schedule every week. (This could also lead into a permanent role for the right candidate!)
Other titles for this role include intern, HR, human resources, administrative assistant, admin support, and customer service.
Requirements of the Administrative and Human Resource Assistant Internship:
- Professional and positive person - you must enjoy being around people. This position involves answering phones and displaying strong customer service.
- Desire to learn and strong initiative to do well every day
- 1 year of office or customer service experience.
- Intermediate Word/Excel skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, attendance and work ethic.
- Business Professional attire is needed in this role. Preference to those who have some receptionist experience.