Field Service Engineer - Travel Required
Appleton, WI 54911
Leading Appleton manufacturing company with 45 employees is seeking a Direct Hire Field Service Engineer with excellent compensation! This position requires the ability to travel both domestically and internationally for extended periods. With low turnover, bonus opportunity, excellent retirement package and 100% employee paid health insurance, this could be the perfect role for you. Apply today!
Travel required: 35% domestic travel, 35% international travel, and 30% in the Appleton office location.
This position is a great opportunity for those who are self-starters and have a strong mechanical and electrical aptitude. Company takes pride in all employees and the high quality products and services. Support is shown to employees as they take on new challenges, celebrate their successes and believe in sharing profits!
Responsibilities for Field Service Engineer:
- Install custom designed marine equipment both domestically and internationally.
- Work with customers both on site and remotely to identify and solve equipment problems.
- Coordinate and supervise installation activities of large equipment.
- Arrange travel to satisfy customer requirements.
- Functionally test equipment to satisfy test specifications, customer requirements and certifying agency specifications.
- Train end users to operate and maintain equipment.
- Assemble and test equipment at manufacturing facility before final shipment.
Hours for Assembler: Varied. First shift hours while working onsite at Appleton location. When employee is offshore, he/she often works 12 hour days.
Pay: Base salary is $50k-$54k + incentives. With onsite incentives, many technicians make $100K or more each year. + excellent benefits!
100% of health insurance employee premium paid by employer.
Employee stock ownership plan and bonus opportunities
Tuition reimbursement offered
Qualifications for Field Service Engineer:
- All candidates must have legal authorization to permanently live and work in the United States without visa or employer sponsorship.
- Must possess basic mechanical, electrical and hydraulic knowledge.
- Preference to those who have experience as a field service tech.
- Possess strong analytical skills and basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, & hydraulic systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally for extended periods.
- Drug test and physical required before first day