Directional Boring Machine Operator
Appleton, WI 54911
Our Fox Valley Client is a 2nd generation family owned telecommunications company that is looking for a DIRECT HIRE Boring Machine Operator. (They typically have 4 day workweeks with Friday, Saturday and Sunday off!) They have 9 employees and are looking for a candidate who shares in their commitment to hard work, honesty, integrity, and top-notch customer service. This position involves working mostly outside work.
Summary: The Directional Drilling and Boring Machine Operator will operate the Directional Boring Machine for a wide variety of installations based off of blueprints and designated plans provided. If candidate has a CDL Class A, the person will also transport machinery to and from jobsite.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following: Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
- Operate and maintain directional boring machine, directional boring locator, and support truck
- Drill in accordance with blue prints and designated plans
- Locate boring head along bore route
- Hand dig to expose utility lines to be crossed
- In support truck operate mixers to blend water and drilling additives for various mixes to maintain hole stability
- If candidate has a CDL class A with brake endorsement, he/she will drive CDL Rigs to transport machinery to and from jobsites
Qualifications for Directional Drilling and Boring Machine Operator:
- 1 year of Horizontal Directional Boring Machine/ Directional Boring Locator experience
- Must possess solid blueprint reading skills
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Ability to stay overnight at times during the week (1-2 weeks of advance notice is given. They provide vehicles, hotel rooms and also pay a daily per diem)
- CDL class A with brake endorsement and good driving record is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours: First shift, 10-hour days. 4 days a week (typically Monday-Thursday with 3 day weekends!) Must be willing to work out of town (in Wisconsin) for Boring Machine Operator Position.
Pay: $17.00 with valid driver's license. $19.00-24.00/hour with CDL class A with brake endorsement.
Benefits for Boring Machine Operator: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Long term disability, 401K plan with a dollar for dollar match up to 4% of wages. Family owned and operated. Since 1963. Interact with owners every day.