Customer Service Specialist (Direct Hire)
Appleton, WI 54914
Appleton company with 22 employees is located by the Fox River Mall is seeking a Direct Hire Customer Service and Communications Specialist. This is a smaller, friendly environment where you will be welcomed and have daily interaction with customers via phone, email, and face-to-face.
This is a consultative customer service role where you will be responsible for assisting walk in clients and referrals with products and sales, following up on leads, and developing sales/marketing plans to meet personal and business goals. Expanding customer base in the marketing area is key to this role. Work with the center's management and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction and revenue generation, in line with company vision and values. (Please note: This does NOT involve cold calling or telemarketing, night shifts or ANY weekend hours!)
Duties for Customer Service and Communications Specialist:
- Serve as first point of contact for walk-in, email, E-commerce and telephone customers.
- Demonstrate the ability to carry on a business conversation with customers. Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from telephone, marketing and email activity. Update database.
Develop annual sales plan with Franchise Partner or Center Manager, detailing activities to follow during the fiscal year.
- Develop a complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
Complete all paperwork (ie; Work Order, credit approvals, POS entry, pre-payment collection, artwork approval, delinquent account collection, reporting).
- Prepare estimates and establish/maintain estimate follow-up procedures.
- Execute a variety of marketing functions: In-center database mailings based on targeted lists, thank you cards 5-7 days after order is picked up, implement a call-mail-call program, distribute press releases regarding center activities, execute campaigns, etc.
- Maintain an attractive retail environment (clean, organized and functional).
Support center franchise partner or center manager as needed with reports, close-out, invoices, and daily, weekly and monthly paperwork.
- Serve as a backup for answering the phone if the franchise partner, manager and sales/service employees are busy assisting other customers. Assist at the front counter as needed.
- Coordinate shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise and services.
- Assist in collection of account receivables if needed
Hours for Customer Service and Communications Specialist: 8:30am-5pm, M-F (No nights or weekends.)
Benefits for for Customer Service and Communications Specialist: Vacation, Holidays, and Health Insurance. 401k offered after 1 year.
- 5 years of Customer Service experience needed from retail, inside sales, call center, customer service or similar role.
- Strong communication skills with ability to talk with clients, ask leading questions, and interact daily.
- Ability to manage projects and be able to keep documentation of all orders.
- Work effectively with all departments in the organization
Manage estimates and ensure timely follow up
- Process customer orders accurately and completely following established center procedures
- Professional and outgoing attitude and positive demeanor
- Basic to intermediate Word and Excel.
- Able to understand profit, percentages, and calculations.