Cable Construction Worker
Greenville, WI 54942
2nd Generation Family owned telecommunications company in Greenville is looking for 1 Direct Hire, Cable Construction Worker.
With 9 employees currently and are looking for a candidate who shares in their commitment to hard work, honesty, integrity, and top notch customer service. This position involves working mostly outside and is very physically demanding, lifting 20-75 pounds throughout the day.
Summary of Cable Construction Worker:
- Set up warning signs
- Load and unload equipment: handle chains and chain binders
- Hand dig to expose utility lines
- Excavate holes to expose utility lines.
- Place puller and/or build core hitches to pull back product.
- Set underground vaults (with equipment)
- Set above ground pedestals
- Pull cable in conduit by hand and with equipment.
- Backfill holes used to expose utilities.
- Involves shoveling dirt, sand or gravel into wheelbarrow.
- Use wheelbarrow to backfill holes.
- Use rakes and shovels to spread black dirt.
- Rake in grass seed to restore routes.
- Core drill above and below ground for building entrances
- Other duties as needed
- 1 year of labor, construction, manufacturing or general work experience required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Ability to stay overnight at times during the week (1-2 weeks of advance notice is given.
- They provide vehicles, hotel rooms and also pay a daily per diem)
- CDL class A with brake endorsement and good driving record is preferred
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pay Range for Cable Construction Worker: $17.00 with valid driver's license. ($19.00 with CDL class A with brake endorsement)
Cable Construction Worker Hours: First shift, 10 hour days. 4 days a week. Must be willing to work out of town (in Wisconsin) for this Cable Construction Worker position
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Long term disability, 401K with a dollar for dollar match up to 4% of wages. Family owned and operated since 1963. Interact with owners every day.