Bookkeeping and Office Management
Shawano, WI 54166
Shawano Company is seeking a Direct Hire Bookkeeper and Office Manager who enjoys being part of a smaller organization and making a difference!
The Bookkeeper and Office Manager is the supervisor in financial functions providing oversight and checks and balances on operations of the company. During the normal course of work, the Bookkeeper and Office Manager will maintain relationships with both internal and external constituents including owners, managers, employees, customers, vendors and banking representatives.
This position has responsibility for customer service, accounts payable, record management, accounts receivable, human resources, banking and financial reporting. In order to execute the duties assigned to this position, the manager has access to extremely sensitive information and is required to maintain the strictest of confidences with regard to this information so a Signature of Proprietary Matters Agreement will be required. (If candidate has payroll experience, these may be included at a later date.)
The Bookkeeper and Office Manager may serve as a representative of the company in a number of public settings and must project a professional, competent and approachable image to the community.
- Provide administrative support for a few locations
- Participates in the monthly close of business, billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable & other duties as assigned
- Will be trained and must be proficient in operation of all advertising and circulation for advertising billing and receivables management as well as circulation billing
- Maintain accurate & secure employee records regarding wages, benefits, vacation and sick time, reimbursements, policies, procedures and practices
- Monitor any employee legal proceedings including, but not limited to, unemployment hearings, employment law charges, worker's compensation, etc.
- Shall effectively manage all financial resources and monitor all bank balances
- Provide strict oversight and review of all accounts payable ensuring accuracy and verifying receipt of materials
- Manage the company's accounts receivable portfolio, minimizing exposure to default and improving collection of delinquent accounts
- Coordinates employment process, benefits administration and workers compensation
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously, with very strong skills with regard to prioritizing work and maintaining maximum flexibility to flow with frequently shifting priorities
- Shall participate in regular management team meetings
- Adherence to deadlines and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Bookkeeper and Office Manager:
- The successful candidate will be an experienced, proven financial professional with experience in a small business environment (50 employees or less).
- A minimum of 3 years experience is required.
- Word, Excel, and QuickBooks experience.
- The successful candidate must be an energetic, outgoing, creative individual with impeccable ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Additionally, the Bookkeeper / Office Manager must be very well organized, able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and a self motivated individual who is a team player.
- The Bookkeeper / Office Manager must be articulate and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A minimum associate's degree in business, accounting or finance is required
Bookkeeper and Office Manager Hours:8am-5pm, M-F.
Pay Rate: $16-20.00/hour
Benefits: Long/short term disability, holidays, and vacation. Please note: They do not offer health insurance at this time.