Administrative & Office Support (Direct Hire)
Appleton, WI 54913
This Appleton job shop is growing and is seeking a Direct Hire Administrative Assistant and Office Support candidate. In this role, you will be assisting both the Human Resources and Accounting departments. This position may evolve and include invoicing customers and applying payments in the future. This company has a great employee culture of 48 employees and if you are an honest, detailed orientated and hardworking candidate, this is the role for you!
Administrative Assistant and Office Support Job Summary:
The Administrative/Office Support gives one of the first impressions which requires communication skills and a high degree of professionalism. This position provides administrative and clerical support activities for multiple departments to facilitate the efficient operation of a small business office. Attention to detail and independent judgement will be used to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload. Teamwork is essential as this position works with all departments regularly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer a multi-line phone system and redirect calls to the appropriate person. Greet and communicates with customers and vendors professionally whether in person or on the phone Sort and deliver incoming mail
- Provide administrative support to help ensure effective and efficient office operations
- Monitor the fax machine, postage meter, and copiers
- Perform basic office duties such as writing letters and preparing documents for internal customers
- Provide reports to sales and other departments on a daily basis. Maintain the CRM mailing list for the Sales Department
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements when needed. Perform miscellaneous projects as needed
- Back up to the generation of customer invoices. Order and maintain facility supplies and printed forms
- Assist the Sales and Marketing team with projects, social media posts, and customer promotional items.
- Proactive and continuously looking for ways to improve
Hours for Administrative Assistant and Office Support: 8:00am-4:30pm, Mon-Thursday and until 4:15pm on Fridays. There is a ½ hour unpaid lunch break.
Pay: $15.00-16.00/hour for Administrative Office Support. Benefits include Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Domestic Partner Coverage. 401K Plan. Gain Sharing program offered that includes up to a 3% bonus earned for meeting goals and metrics, as well as a sharing in financial gains. Tuition Reimbursement is offered for education and training.
Qualifications for Administrative Assistant and Office Support:
- 1-2 years of office or administrative experience and intermediate Word/Excel skills
- Accuracy is a must as well as high attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to recognize and adhere to deadlines
- Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances, including different deadlines, processes, and personalities
- Able to work under limited supervision, following standard practices/methods
- Ability to adhere to confidentiality and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization in a professional and respectful manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as handbooks, forms, as well as procedures and reports
- Basic math skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- High School diploma or equivalent.