Trainer for Forklifts & Aerial Lifts
Green Bay, WI 54307 | Temp/Hire, possibly Direct Hire
Our Green Bay client is seeking a full time Safety Trainer for Forklifts and Aerial Lifts. They will consider both Temp-to-Hire and Direct Hire candidates! (However, they would only consider a Direct Hire for direct industry/equipment dealership experience.)
They are a family owned company who has been around for more than 50 years. Average tenure for staff is 10+ years and they have almost 100 employees! You will be going to client sites and training their employees. These are mostly local companies and you will be home at night. The instruction is done via a classroom style, not on the floor, to ensure proper safety procedures are followed for equipment. This is a great position for those who like training, interacting with people, and have a variety of duties in your day. Travel within WI, overnight travel would be 2-5%. It would be 70% out of the office doing training and 30% office.
Duties for Safety Trainer:
- Train internal employees and external employees at client sites in safe equipment operation, policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate training records
- Process customer billing in a timely manner
- Cultivate positive working relations with our customers
- Reviewing deadlines to determine when next certifications are due.
Qualifications for Safety Trainer:
- 1 year of education or training - preferably in a manufacturing setting (Field of safety training, forklift, or similar industry helpful.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good presentation and people skills. Must enjoy interacting and helping employees learn!
- Drug test required before first day.
Hours for Safety Trainer: Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30pm, 1/2 hour lunch. Candidate must have some flexibility if a client requests training at 6am or 7am. (If early training is needed, the Safety Trainer would be able to leave a bit earlier that day.)
Pay: $19.00/hour (mileage reimbursement also offered). The pay range could increase to $50-$55k upon hire!
Benefits once hired on: Health insurance, Dental, Life, Short Term Disability, Vacation, PTO, and Flex Plan. They also offer a 401k after 1 year.
Please visit our website at www.career-options.com for complete details and other open opportunities.
Click here to view 5 misconceptions about the staffing industry - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxre433fgoQ