Payroll and Accounting Coordinator
Green Bay, WI 54303 | Direct Hire
Currently looking for a Direct Hire Payroll and Accounting Coordinator for company who has 450 employees and are family owned company with a friendly environment. Payroll and general accounting experience are required.
You will be doing full weekly payroll and taxes for 2 union and 1 non-union locations. The payroll is about 2-3 full days, with additional duties in AP and general bookkeeping the rest of the week. They have fantastic summer hours! If you complete your 40 hours during the week, you can leave at noon on Friday.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities for Payroll and Accounting Coordinator:
- Prepare and process the hourly and salaried payrolls
- Prepare and process all state and federal payroll-related reports and payments.
- employee withholding, unemployment, garnishment and union due reporting, payments and
- reconciliations necessary to comply with all applicable laws.
- Prepare and process all payroll-related reports and payments associated with medical, retirement
- and other benefits (e.g., HSA, 401K).
- Be responsible for the integrity of the payroll-related aspects of the HRIS System, including
- coordinating tax updates, monitoring processing activities and testing upgrades.
- Assist with accounts payable processing and filing. Assist with general accounting activities including cash reconciliations. Other assignments as made by management.
Knowledge, Education and Training Qualifications and Certifications for Payroll and Accounting Coordinator.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s degree in accounting strongly preferred. Certified Payroll Professional credential is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in payroll with at least 1 year previous experience in
- accounts payable and/or general accounting functions.
- Strong experience using an integrated resource planning system and Excel proficiency.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required; the incumbent must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and be extremely detailed-oriented.
- Capacity to multi-task and work under tight deadlines. Regular attendance at work is required.
- Background check and drug test required before first day
Hours: M-F, 40 hours. You can start at 7am, 8 or 8:30am - you pick! Great summer hours: If you complete your 40 hours during the week, you can leave at noon on Friday!
Pay: $45,000-$60,000/year (Benefits: Health, vacation, retirement plan, disability, dental, vision, education reimbursement, life insurance and 401k with matching.)
Please take a moment to review our video on Misconceptions in the Staffing Industry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxre433fgoQ