Office and Administrative Assistant
De Pere, WI 54115 | Temp to Hire
Our client has been around for 50+ years and has recently opened a new branch office in the De Pere area! They are seeking a Temp-to-Hire Office and Administrative Assistant. The ideal candidate values a fast-paced work environment and is adaptable to taking on new tasks. The Office Assistant will work directly with the office team to perform various administrative needs. Our client is an established leader in electrical contracting services on large, complex, engineering-intensive projects. The environment is construction based so the candidate must be able to communicate with different personality types and be comfortable with casual communication. The attire at the office is business casual Monday through Thursday and casual on Fridays.
- Front desk duties; greet guests, answer and transfer phone calls (not a high volume because clients have staff's direct lines to call), coordinate USPS & FedEx incoming and outgoing mail, and fulfil courier requests.
- Coordinate with home office on jobsite tool and material requests.
- Maintain office warehouse; track tools, assist with incoming and outgoing deliveries.
- Track, maintain and stock office supplies.
- Office event planning and coordination; send invitations, track responses, coordinate with external event venues and companies on food/décor/etc., assign tasks to other employees for event coordination support, set up and break down events as needed.
- Order food for meetings
- Complete Word, Excel and PowerPoint projects.
- Other duties as well.
- High school diploma required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Excel, Word (PowerPoint helpful).
- Experience working with PDF documents.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs.
- Warehouse or construction industry experience is a plus, but not required.
- Organized and detail oriented. Ability to multi-task and to complete work efficiently by prioritizing tasks.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Team Player.
- Eager to help where needed with smile and enthusiasm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Hours: 8-4:30pm, M-F
Benefits offered when hired: Health, 401k, vacation, holidays and life insurance.