Mechanic (Direct Hire at $18-25/hour)
De Pere, WI 54115 | Direct Hire
Currently seeking a Direct Hire Mechanic for this DePere company who has grown to about 150 employees.
The Mechanic position requires diverse knowledge on engines, transmissions, brakes, electrical systems, electronics, rear ends, hydraulics; and the ability to diagnose, repair, or rebuild them.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems related to all vehicles and equipment.
- Perform electronic, hydraulic, engine and/or brake repairs
- Analyze vehicle and equipment maintenance data
- Perform annual DOT inspections and ensure compliance to all DOT and OSHA regulations
- Complete repair paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
- Order appropriate parts in a timely and efficient manner as necessary
- Keep work area clean and work with a diverse group of people
- Read and understand technical manuals
- Ability to operate equipment that is being repaired.
- NOTE: The majority of the heavy equipment is late model/diesel.
Hours: Monday-Friday one week and then Tuesday-Saturday the next. Scheduled shifts will be between 7am and 5:30pm.
Pay: $18-$25/hour, depending on experience. Great benefits included: Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, 7 paid holidays.
- A diverse knowledge of vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance.
- Experience in hydraulics, electronics, and brakes.
- Engine rebuilding knowledge/experience.
- Must have an insurance acceptable driver's license.
- Must have own tools.
- Candidate must be able to lift/carry up to 80 lbs.
- Candidate must have the ability to work long periods of time, including nights and weekends as necessary
- Candidate will need to work 1-2 overnights (in WI or MI) every few weeks, depending on where/when equipment breaks down.