Lead Service Technician
Dale, WI 54931 | Direct Hire
Our client is about 15-20 minutes from Appleton and is seeking a Direct Hire Lead Service Technician. They have 16 employees. The Lead Service Technician provides high quality, timely workmanship on propane and refined fuel vehicles. Works with customers to check in truck repair, discuss repair options, produce an estimate, and update customer on progress of the repair.
- Performs diagnostic and repair workmanship as outlined on work order in an efficient, timely and highly accurate manner.
- Assists with diagnosis/trouble-shooting of challenging/unusual malfunctions and performs repairs accordingly.
- Inventory Control- Including, but not limited to, maintaining on-hand stock parts, tools, equipment, supplies as needed, creating and submitting Purchase Orders for approval/ordering, anticipating necessary parts for specific jobs/customers, etc.
- Back-up to Shop Manager as needed.
- Distribute work to other shop technicians
- Overall Experience: Three (3) years’ experience as a Service Technician or combination of education and work experience to include mechanical knowledge/experience for general hand tools, power tools, welding and torch Extensive knowledge of heavy/medium duty truck repairs.
- Detail, quality and service orientated
- Ability to work at a fast and efficient speed, keeping safety first with zero callbacks
- Ability and willingness to maintain current product and technical knowledge
- Must have own tools to perform Technician A work. Tools must be maintained and kept in an organized manner.
- Welding knowledge and Company welding procedures
- Computers Literate (Word & Excel preferred)
- Strong Oral & Written Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with team members and customers.
- Possess Organizational Skills
- Excellent Customer Service and Problem-Solving Skills
- Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Successfully complete Physical and Drug Screen prior to starting first day.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license and a reputable driving record required (CDL with appropriate endorsements)
- Must hold training certificate for forklift/bobcat, lift, etc.
Hours: 7:30-3:30pm, M-F. (some overtime is needed for this position)
Pay: $18.00 - $25.00/hr