Field Service Engineer
Oshkosh, WI 54904 | Direct Hire
This fast growing electrical testing company is looking to increase their engineering group with a Direct Hire Field Service Engineer. (You will be working from home, so you can work from GB, Appleton, Oshkosh, Fond du Lac, Milwaukee, etc!) If you are a person that likes change/non routine duties, this is the opportunity for you! (This is a combination of field support, doing electrical drawings, and reporting)
The primary function is to provide field service engineering and technical assistance to customers in areas of preventative maintenance, repair, and modifications upgrades on distribution and generation equipment and systems. You will perform engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, preparation of specifications, process studies, or research investigation. You will also be responsible for generating reports and other duties as well.
- Individual must be capable of self-managing assigned projects for electrical equipment, including working knowledge of electrical test and diagnostic equipment. (Switchgear experience strongly preferred!)
- Candidate must be able to deliver technical solutions with a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong communication skills are a must, with ability to be flexible to adjust to changing field conditions.
- The ideal candidate would also have experience in performing coordination studies, arc flash, and short circuit analysis and SKM software.
- 40%-50% travel is required during the workweek.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering is required and 1-4 years of field service environment experience.
Hours: When the employee is traveling out of state (approximately every other week) the hours are 11:00pm-6am. During the alternate week, the regular hours are approximately 8:00am to 5:00pm. There has been very little weekend travel. When engineers are traveling on alternate weeks, they usually leave Monday and return either Thursday or Friday. This company tries to schedule it so that the engineers travel for 1 week and then are home the next week.
Salary: $65,000 to $85,000 for the right candidate
Travel and lodging expenses covered. They do issue a company card for travel expenses.
Benefits: This company offers dental, health, 401k, vacation, etc. (Employees pay a portion of dental and health premiums.)