Direct Hire Aerial Mechanic and Technician
Appleton, WI 54913 | Direct Hire
Our client is seeking a Direct Hire Aerial Mechanic and Technician. They are a very successful company in Appleton with a solid record of growth and employee longevity. (They are willing to train a candidate who has completed a Tech program in automotive, diesel truck, fork lift, crane or heavy equipment repair. If a candidate is a recent graduate or currently going to school, it may be a Temp-to-Hire role.)
The Aerial Mechanic and Technician position will be responsible for servicing, repairing and rebuilding of truck mounted hydraulic equipment including aerials, digger derricks, light cranes, boom loaders, winches, lift gates, reel loaders, etc. Additional duties include:
- Document all findings and results from inspections and tests
- Differentiate between colors and color variations for proper electrical assembly of schematics
- Notify supervisor and parts department of needed replacement parts
- Complete mandated ANSI/OSHA inspections and testing
- Work with fabrication tools including drill press, band-saw, ironworker, cutoff saws, grinders, etc.
- Be helpful, courteous and pleasant with customers, vendors and employees
Qualifications for Aerial Mechanic and Technician
- 1-2 years of experience in vehicle service repair in any areas of automotive, diesel truck, fork lift, crane or heavy equipment industries. (They will also consider those with Technical schooling in the above areas with less than one year of work experience.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
- Experience in hydraulics and chassis electrical is preferred but not required.
- Basic hand tools are required for this position.
- Strong work ethic, pleasant attitude required.
- Welding and fabrication skills are a plus.
- Physical and drug test required if candidate is hired.
Hours for Aerial Mechanic and Technician: Dayshift position Monday through Friday, Regular employee hours are 6:00 am to 2:30 pm with some scheduled overtime
Starting pay depending on experience: $19.00 to $21.00 per hour. Full time wages up to $26.00 depending on experience (Good work ethic, attitude and attendance record required.)
Benefits Available: 401K with matching, Vacation, PTO, Health & Dental Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, Flex Spending plan. Lucrative profit sharing also offered!