Account Manager and Outside Salesperson
Appleton, WI 54911 | Direct Hire
Our client is about 15-20 minutes from Appleton and is seeking a Direct Hire Account Manager and Outside Salesperson. They have 16 employees. This company offers sales and services for both propane and refined fuel vehicles and equipment and offers a good industry with friendly staff and clients. It involves 70% account management/overseeing accounts and 30% cold calling/generating new business. They do have a database for the Account Manager to utilize as well! Travel would be Wisconsin and surrounding States, plus 2-3 trade shows a year. There would be overnight travel on average 2 nights a week.
Essential Functions for Account Manager and Sales:
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
- Maintain customer records, using automated systems, computers or other devices.
- Accurately answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, or credit terms to establish effective sales pipeline.
- Accurately quote prices, credit terms, or other bid specifications that result in profitable sales for the company.
- Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing in accordance with company procedures.
- Negotiate prices or terms of sales or service agreements that results in profitable sales for the company.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Experience with heavy equipment sales, services or dealerships is required
Job Requirements for Account Manager and Sales:
- Associates degree + proven aptitude for this role is desired. For a non-degree candidate: 3 years proven experience in a similar role.
- Ability to meet deadlines and schedules in fast paced environment through setting priorities.
- Strong Initiative to generate new sales
- Extremely detail oriented and accurate and good organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups and maintain professionalism.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation-based communication skills.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Word and Excel and Mathematics
- Experience with heavy equipment sales, services or dealerships is preferred but not required.
Hours for Account Manager and Sales: First Shift
There would be overnight travel on average 2 nights a week.
Salary: Base is $50-60,000/year. Estimated commissions are $20-40,000 each year. Company car also provided.
Benefits: This company offers health, dental, disability, vacation, holidays, and Simple IRA.