1st shift Manufacturing - Blender
Oshkosh, WI 54901 | Temp to Hire
Our Oshkosh manufacturing client has 50 employees and is seeking a Temp/Hire candidate for a Production position. This is a dual role where you will be cross trained for Canning and Blending. This position does involve getting dirty; however, they will provide uniforms to those who get hired on. If candidate needed to purchase new steel toes, they will reimburse candidate 50% once hired. Our client has a family atmosphere, where they reward employees who take initiative and work hard, and try to be flexible with employee’s responsibilities outside work. Employees enjoy working here because they are able to communicate directly with upper management, they are rewarded for hard work, have low turnover, and are able to rely on each other!
- Monitor production machinery or equipment, watching for problems such as pile-ups, jams, or inconsistencies of fill levels
- Attach identification labels to finished packaged items and wrap for shipment
- Stock and sort products, supplies, or materials for filling machine operation, and replenish as necessary
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to requirements
- Provide samples of materials or products for laboratory testing to ensure compliance with specifications
- Operate and monitor mixing and blending machines
- Transfer finished products from mixing and blending machines to appropriate containers by use of a pump
- Dump or pour specified amounts of materials into machinery/equipment
- Add or mix chemicals or ingredients for processing by using hand tools or other devices
- Operate powered industrial trucks to move, lift, or transport pallets, drums, and totes as necessary for production of products. Other duties as needed.
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred
- Experience: Any manufacturing, labor, etc experience is helpful. They are willing to train a candidate who does not have any experience with manufacturing!
- Must have steel toe shoes and safety glasses. They will provide uniforms to those who are hired on. If candidate needed to purchase new steel toes, they will reimburse candidate 50% once hired.
- Must be reliable and be able to provide good work references.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, climb, and bend. Person must also be able to lift 10-100 pounds.
- Competency Statement(s)
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Hours: 1st Shift Monday – Friday 6:00 am – 2:30pm with potential for overtime
Pay: $12.00 + $1.00 increase at time of hire if doing well. (They also offer pay increases to those that they hired on!) Once an employee has passed their probationary period they become eligible for benefits such as life insurance. The remaining benefits are optional to employees: health care (with 3 medical plans), dental, 401(k), and other voluntary insurance plans beyond life.