Telecommunications Aerial Line ($17.00 - $24.00)
Greenville, WI | Direct Hire
Our Fox Valley Client is a 2nd generation family owned telecommunications company that is looking for a DIRECT HIRE Telecommunications Aerial Lineman. (They typically have 4 day workweeks with Friday, Saturday and Sunday off!) They have 9 employees and are looking for a candidate who shares in their commitment to hard work, honesty, integrity, and top-notch customer service. This position involves working mostly outside and is physically demanding.
Duties for Telecommunications Aerial Lineman:
- Prepare paperwork to track daily production, and accurately as-built completed work on job site prints
- The Telecommunications Aerial Lineman will be responsible for the operation, daily maintenance checks, and inspection of all aerial equipment to ensure working order. Knowledgeable in the operation of T40 Bucket trucks as well as 1 ton bucket trucks
- Place strand and dress pole to customer specifications, using assorted small hand and power tools
- Set anchors where required by customers
- Operate chain hoist to add tension to cable and guy-wires
- Lash cables and splice cases onto strand
Qualifications for Telecommunications Aerial Lineman:
- Valid Driver's License
- Must have experience with overhead cable construction
- Knowledgeable in the operation of T40 Bucket trucks and 1 ton bucket trucks is preferred.
- Able to pull fiber optic cables and other cables into conduit and place onto strand
- Ability to climb utility poles, approx. 25' in height (is a plus)
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment during all times of the year
- The Telecommunications Aerial Lineman position requires daily attendance and on time arrival
- Willingness to work both individually and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate professionally with co-workers, homeowners, and our customers
- Aerial Linemen should be knowledgeable in reading and understanding prints, maps, and work orders
- Ability to lift 30 pounds frequently, 70 to 90 pounds occasionally.
- CDL Preferred
Hours: First shift, 10-hour days. 4 days a week (typically Monday-Thursday with 3 day weekends!) Must be willing to work out of town (in Wisconsin) for Telecommunications Aerial Line Position.
Pay: $17.00 with valid driver's license. $19.00-24.00/hour with CDL class A with brake endorsement.
Benefits for Telecommunications Aerial Lineman: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Long term disability, 401K plan with a dollar for dollar match up to 4% of wages. Family owned and operated. Since 1963. Interact with owners every day.
Please visit our website at www.career-options.com for complete details and other open opportunities.
Click here to view 5 misconceptions about the staffing industry - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxre433fgoQ