Part Time Delivery Driver (No Lifting)
Appleton, WI | Direct Hire
We have an excellent Part time Direct Hire opening for a Delivery Driver. You can work 20-30 hours! If you don't have a class B CDL, you will first drive a truck. The candidate would need to get a Class B CDL with air brakes. It is a straight truck, very similar to a appliance delivery truck. They use hydraulics to move the product so you don't have to lift items! If time permits, you will also be assisting with general duties in the warehouse. Because you will be meeting clients every day, this position requires strong customer service skills. Storage centers are located in Appleton and Green Bay with driving responsibilities in Northeast WI. In this independent and fun role, you will be home every night. (Valid Driver's license, good driving record and ability to get a CDL - class B within 1 month is required. They will assist you in getting a CDL.) Our client is smaller with 5 employees & is friendly, organized and professional - employees appreciate that they know what needs to be done each day!
- Delivering storage containers to Green Bay, Fox Valley and throughout NE Wisconsin. This position involves minimal lifting.
- Loading and unloading containers in the warehouse via forklift.
- Light duty maintenance on equipment (if time permits)
- Valid Driver's license, good driving record and ability to get a CDL class B within 1 month is required
- 1 year of warehouse experience or delivery experience strongly preferred but not required.
- Good customer service and communication skills
- The candidate must have strong initiative and desire work independently - self motivation is important!
- Previous forklift experience and/or general mechanical aptitude is helpful
Hours: You can work 20-30 hours each week. They deliver containers Monday-Saturday so occasional Saturdays are required. You can work 3-4 full time days or you can work 1/2 shifts (less than 8 hours) if that works better with your schedule. You pick!
Please visit our website at www.career-options.com for complete details and other open opportunities.
Click here to view 5 misconceptions about the staffing industry - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxre433fgoQ