Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Appleton, WI | Temp-to-Hire
This Appleton company has 50+ employees and creates a lot of slings and hoists that are used to move larger items/products. They are seeking a Temp-to-Hire Person Industrial Sewing Machine Operator to help learn to sew these large hoists. This is a friendly and good company!
The culture can be described as hardworking, dedicated & loyal. They know the tasks at hand and when / how they need to be completed, while maintaining a very safety conscious atmosphere.
- Sewing web sling material to create assemblies such as lifting straps, tow straps, & ratchet straps to meet customer and/or product specifications
- Ability to also cut, measure and assemble nylon & poly web material and hardware according to work order / bills of material
- Inspecting, stenciling, and wrapping product
- Documenting time and materials used in a timely and accurate manner Occasional overtime as required to meet customer needs
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Previous sewing or assembly experience preferred - Willing to train the right candidate
- Must be able to follow written instructions (Work Orders / Bills of Material), read a tape measure, and do simple math calculations
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and stand on your feet for extended periods of times
- Constant use of hand and wrists in sewing operations (wrist guard & supports are provided)
Hours: Monday through Friday 40 hours per week, start time 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ½ hour lunch, two (2) 10-minute breaks
Pay: $13.00 to $15.00/hour (based on experience) + beneifts offered when hired. Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Voluntary eye, Voluntary Short term & Voluntary Long term disability, 401 K with company match, Vacation
Please visit our website at www.career-options.com for complete details and other open opportunities.
Click here to view 5 misconceptions about the staffing industry - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxre433fgoQ