Finishing Assembler and Quality Assurance Inspector
Appleton, WI | Direct Hire
$400.00 Bonus Opportunity! Potential to earn $400.00 bonus at 90 days if you have good attendance and work ethic.
Our client is a very successful company in Appleton with a solid record of growth and employee longevity. Employees enjoy the friendly staff and variety of duties to stay challenged! This is a Direct Hire position for a Finishing Assembler and Quality Assurance Inspector. This position will be responsible for all final assembly and inspection for finished product to ensure properly functioning equipment prior to customer delivery. This growing company places high priority on honesty, ethics and treating people with respect and has a business casual environment.
They are a leading manufacturer & service provider of aerial lift and work trucks that service our nation's infrastructure such as electric & gas utilities, telecommunications companies, state, county and municipal governments.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for productions and recommend necessary corrective actions
- Reject materials and equipment not meeting specifications
- Inspect, test, and sample materials or assembled parts or equipment for defects and deviations from specifications. Individual has final approval
- Complete the final assembly of any loose or adder equipment or parts on the vehicle after the unit returns from final paint such as tail sections, rubber good boxes, generators, boom supports, etc.
- Maintain quality assurance standards and processes
- Check all chassis and aerial fluid levels and top up as necessary
- Conduct and oversee all aspects of final production and assembly such as installing OSHA/ANSI warnings, washing entire product, taking digital photos, etc.
- Check the operation and functions for all components including setting the adjustments on all body compartment doors and greasing latches, and equipment including cranes, generators, etc.
- Review job order and job build checkout sheet to ensure completion and notify a supervisor if any acknowledgements are missing
- Create list to be sent for sales to develop a packing list and install list, manual and any necessary documentation on passenger seat
- Maintain high level of detail in handling and installing painted parts
- Maintain positive working relationship with supervisor and sales department
- Work toward continuous quality improvement
- Stay current with changing technology, including software programs
Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
- High School (GED) Diploma
- The ideal candidate will have good mechanical aptitude
- Self-motivated and detail oriented and be able to work with others
- The qualified candidates must also be able to bend and twist, and occasionally lift up to 75lbs
- The ability to pass a drug test is required before the first day of work.
- A pre-employment physical and background check is required if candidate gets hired
- Company will provide basic tools for the first 3 months. If candidate gets hired on, he/she will need to bring their own screwdrivers, hammer, pliers, wrenches and tool box.
Hours: 6:00am to 2:30pm M-F Some additional overtime required.
Benefits: Lucrative quarterly bonus program is offered, along with health, dental, life, and 401K. Most benefits start 30 days after hire. (The 401K starts after 90 days)
Please visit our website at www.career-options.com for complete details and other open opportunities.
Click here to view 5 misconceptions about the staffing industry - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxre433fgoQ