3rd Shift Machine Operator
Green Bay, WI | Temp to Hire
Our growing and innovative manufacturing client in Green Bay is looking for a 3rd Shift Machine Operator. Our client with consider both Direct Hire and Temp-to-Hire candidates! This company provides machining, fabricating, mechanical assembly and packaging solutions to OEM clients worldwide in industries such as wind energy, automotive, gas, medical, agriculture, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following:
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of products to standards.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur and report issues to set-up employee and/or supervisor
- Maintains continuous and repetitive production runs to meet manufacturing requirements
- Reads and interprets drawings and shop orders to meet part specifications
- Measures dimensions of finished work piece to ensure conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude and understanding of functions of machine operations and the safe operations of machine driven processes.
- Be able to learn quickly how to operate machines, use gage checking equipment and locate dimensions on a machining blue print.
- Perform in process checks to make certain that the parts run efficiently and accurately to assure quality before approving production.
- Fills out data on inspection forms with required information. Notes other information related to job problems and performance.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges and clean parts.
- Stamps identifying numbers on parts as instructed.
- Package finished goods and maintain a clean work area.
- Follow company rules and safety policies.
- Bring forth process improvements to enhance Lean Processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical aptitude and experience operating machines preferably in a machine shop, but also converting or other machine operation.
- A technical degree or technical training in machine operation desirable. A high school degree or equivalency is required
- Must possess or quickly learn blueprint reading skills, strong math skills, and in-process inspection skills and understand both metric and English measurements
- Must become proficient at using micrometers, dial calipers, height gage, shop gages, depth gages and dial indicators to indicate parts and verify dimensions of a work piece.
- Able to understand tooling and offsets with training
- Must be able to maintain tolerance and finishes to engineering and manufacturing specifications
- While hoists are provided to assist with lifting, you must be able to repeatedly lift and carry up to 75 lbs
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Excellent attendance record and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Lifting up to 75 lbs repeatedly.
- Pushing, pulling, reaching
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
Hours: 3rd shift: Sunday-Thursday 11pm-7am
Pay Rate: Pay depends on experience
Benefits: Once hired on they offer a full benefit package that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health Care Reimbursement Plan, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending, Paid Holidays/Vacations, Profit Sharing, Education Reimbursement Program, and Referral Bonus.