2nd shift CNC Machinist
Green Bay, WI | Temp to Hire
Our growing and innovative manufacturing client in Green Bay is looking for a 2nd shift CNC Machinist. Our client with consider both Direct Hire and Temp-to-Hire candidates! This company provides machining, fabricating, mechanical assembly and packaging solutions to OEM clients worldwide in industries such as wind energy, automotive, gas, medical, agriculture, etc.
Summary: Perform machining functions from complex blueprints. Assist project managers on methods, tooling and techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following: Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
- Demonstrate advanced Machinist ability to set up, program and operate a wide variety of CNC Machining equipment including VMC’s, HMC’s and/or lathes.
- Interpret complex blueprints and use creativity and experience to determine the most efficient way to compete the job within tight-tolerance specifications.
- Participate in 5-gate review meetings to ensure successful launch of new jobs and assist project managers on methods, tooling and techniques.
- Demonstrate proficiency including fixture placement and alignment, loading programs, tool setting, making needed adjustments to programs and offsets to ensure finished parts meet specifications.
- Perform in process checks to make certain that the parts run efficiently and accurately to assure quality before approving production.
- Study blueprints and manufacturing orders and organize materials and tools for next run during automatic controlled cycles to shorten changeover time.
- Complete program folders with required information. Note other information related to job problems and performance and complete daily time slips and inspection reports.
- Remove burrs, sharp edges and clean parts.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A technical degree and a minimum of 5-7 years CNC Machining and programming and/or equivalent years of experience or education required.
- Must possess solid blueprint reading skills, strong math skills, and in-process inspection skills and understand both metric and English measurements.
- Must be proficient at using micrometers, dial calipers, height gage, shop gages, depth gages and dial indicators to indicate parts and verify dimensions of a work piece.
- Read and interpret basic G-code programs. Must be able to edit programs and offsets, as well as work and problem solve independently using precision gages.
- Must be able to maintain tolerance and finishes to engineering and manufacturing specifications.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours: M-F 3p-11p, ** will consider M-Th 2p-12a
Pay Rate: Pay depends on experience
Benefits: Once hired on they offer a full benefit package that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health Care Reimbursement Plan, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending, Paid Holidays/Vacations, Profit Sharing, Education Reimbursement Program, and Referral Bonus.